Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bread Break

They met at a cafe on the corner, it was warm so they sat outside. One pushed the hair out of his face and the other set his hat on his knee. This place isn't too close to the road and the waitress is pretty, isn't she? I think you're supposed to say Server now, one responds. Nevermind, the one saying that would never care what people are supposed to be called. Call me misanthropic, he says. Well, do you want something? Nevermind that too, because he tries not to ask Yes or No questions. What will you have? That's better. Nothing and he pushes the hair back again, if he'd sit up a little more the hair wouldn't be in his face. Really? They have a good beer and he grins. Is that supposed to be funny and he looks for a brick So you read my blog. I do, am I getting you right he grins. You couldn't get a Fomorian right, how do you expect to get me right. So you read my blog, too and they both laugh. What's on your mind he slides his hands into his pockets and leans back. Do you know who Merghast is? Yeah, it is **** isn't it? Yes. I thought so. Do you think it'll be a problem? No, not if he's only going to post some introductory paragraph about his blog. Where is he staying? Not on Thronebelle, is all I know. Close? Not sure. Have you seen him and he looks out across the street as if he might be there Have a water at least. Why do I even have to drink anything here, why are we here? Can't we just be a little bit comfortable and he makes a sound of exasperation. Who gets a beer at a cafe, aren't you supposed to have tea or coffee or something? He shrugs and drinks the foam I like this place. He asks about Everett Dock and he takes another drink I need to reread all that stuff. I didn't like where I took it and I was just trying to inject it with a little purpose. Fuck purpose and they smile. Should we talk to him? Who? Merghast they say, statement and question. It's not like you can call him. You didn't call me. Jesus. I think we'll run into him soon enough. There is bread getting cold on the table and he rends it. God what are you, a Barbarian, are you starving? How would you have me eat it, but it doesn't sound like that with a mouth full of bread. Are you going to move that fucking plant, or what? The...what was it? I don't have the blog in front of me. I know, you know how I know? He drinks and gives him time to answer but he doesn't. Because if my blog were in front of you, you'd be enraptured. He laughs because the other is laughing and the other is laughing because he's drinking and pleased with himself. I've got to go he says and pushes away from the table. I'm not finshed he says and feels for his hat. I think you'll be alright, I told you I wasn't staying long. You never said that. Yeah well, it's written on my Family Crest in Latin, probably why you couldn't read it. That's very funny, anyways, thanks. He finishes his drink but doesn't stand up.

No comments:

Post a Comment