Saturday, October 8, 2011

Snyder & Capullo

Reader, this will be short. I've picked up issue #1 of Batman, Superman, Detective Comics and Animal Man. Batman's penciled by Greg Capullo, of Spawn fame, and if I'd known that I would have been pretty excited about the relaunch from the get-go.
It's written by Scott Snyder, I'm not familiar with him, but he delivers. Superman's pretty wordy, as he always is and the art is pretty basic, but I'm going to have #2 pulled for me. Animal Man is beautiful, the interior looks like some kind of mod catalogue, very nice, simple line work and soft, yet solid colors- I had to make sure it wasn't Middleton, whom I haven't seen since NYX. Detective Comics? I could live without, I'm one-and-done for that title. Too much invested in the ending for me, and I'm always weary of a book that's written and penciled by one person, that's always going to wreak havoc on a deadline. Ok then, still at 2.99 a pop, that's not a bad price, Reader. So get out there and pick'em up. If you want to play it safe just try the Batman and Superman, but Animal Man was a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment