Thursday, January 30, 2014

Fluoride Found in Water!

I thought it would be funny to write a post about finding out there was fluoride in the water. I was going to write it like a warning to others, now that they've found the initial chemical, and then the list of the subsequent. And now fluoride! I was going to go for a Jenny McCarthy Vaccines-lead-to-autism kind've feel. Just indignant and outraged and trying to make others feel bad if they somehow didn't care that there was fluoride in the water.

But I ate three pieces of pizza and now don't feel like Googling fluoride for forty minutes.

On one hand I feel like what if there really is something wrong with the water and I'm happily ignorant and complicit?

On the other hand I don't think there's anything wrong with the water and I've continued to use it as I always have. Ok, I'm not drinking it quite yet, but.
Really, I don't believe there's anything wrong with the water, nothing so wrong that it's going to be fixed.
And I think any effort to abstain from chemicals is, at best, laughable.

West Virginia is a well of energy. No matter that people live in the well. So long as outside corporations can utilize the land in whatever way they see fit to deliver energy to the people. Just not our people.

Just so long as big energy can run commercials telling us that everything's under control, and use phrases like, "Right here, in North America!" Just so long as when there's a disaster, we at least get to see slow footage of the dead; blurry pictures of porches and dining room tables, pictures of the late holding up fish or deer racks, and the word HERO underneath.

Call the Hands heroes so they don't revolt. Serve them pride poured over their fatalistic potatoes.

The people are awake and they're angry and that's good, but the Soma is still floating down. The thing is, they don't have to spray it, it's everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment