Monday, January 28, 2013

Where's My Wolf?

Over the weekend I watched The Grey with Liam Neeson. I really liked it. I liked the juxtaposition of the wolves and the survivors. I liked that it didn't end the way I thought it would. I liked that the movie was about the final fight, the culmination of all your experience, the test at the end. I fantasize about that test an awful lot, and I doubt a lot of us will get to take it.

I also saw Zero Dark Thirty, which I liked as well. The climax was a little long, but gave it a "real time" feel. The best part was when the woman behind me whispered "This is why we can't trust them."

Then there was Lars and the Real Girl, which came out in 2007. Wouldn't it be nice if we all got to say Goodbye on our own terms?



1 comment:

  1. I didn't want to like Lars and the Real Girl, but have now seen it twice. I want to dislike Ryan Gosling and to be able to say that everything after Half-Nelson was no good, but alas, I cannot. :-(

    If you like samurai movies and haven't seen Hara Kiri, be sure to because it's a unique and good one. I don't know how I'd missed it, other than the fact I haven't ventured much into Japanese film beyond Kurosawa and a few anime classics.

    ReplyDelete